Staying positive during COVID-19
As the days go by while we are at home or at work, we are all together in this same fight to combat Covid-19. Some of us are on our side to stay home to slow or stop the spread, yet there are many who do not have the luxury of staying home and are out front trying to save the lives of infected people. Above all, we must thank and praise those who are giving their lives to protect and save us. Then there are those who also go to work at supermarkets, gas stations, delivery drivers, etc. and all those people we observe and who keep our communities running, we thank you!
To keep our humanity safe, we must do our part to stay home and only go out when absolutely necessary. It becomes more difficult to stay home when we get bored or our thoughts come to us; However, here are some tips that can help you.
- Count your blessings on everything you have now. Do not focus on what you might have lost or what is happening.
- Try to accept what is happening, negative or positive. Then find the positive side instead of why something negative is happening.
Go outside to your patio or open a window and let the sun in. Find a place (keeping your distance from others) and allow the light to give you peace.
- Think that there is no darkness without light, sadness simply exists to feel happiness, struggles come so that one can experience triumph. All things must come to an end, we fight today to make tomorrow better.
- Use this time to finally learn that skill you didn’t have time for before.
- Read that book you could never finish.
- If you work from home, take advantage of this time to improve your work.
- Take the time to get to know each other again.
- Connect with the people you live with.
- Spend time with your pets.
- See this time as blessing, reflection and peace instead of seeing how difficult it may seem.
- Take that well-deserved bath or shower with cold water.
- Watch your favorite or new show.
- Have a spa day at home.
- Play your favorite video game.
- Create an exercise routine.
- Meditate, pray, pray.
- Prepare your favorite dish / kitchen at home.
- Clean or organize your home or closet.
- If possible, support your local restaurants with delicious food delivery to your home.
The more you become aware, happy with yourself and with your space, the easier this whole process will be. This is not an easy trip, you will have more productive days than others, do not be discouraged, you do not have to be perfect, every day is different. The more you practice positive behavior and positive actions, the easier it will be each day.
We hope this finds you useful and helps you every day that we are quarantined. Remember that you are not alone, we are in this together.
Staying safe is our job!